Looking for an appetizer to impress? These mini raspberry and brie toasts and the perfect bite to add a punch of flavor at your next party. They are a tiny toast cracker, topped with creamy brie spread, with a raspberry mushed right on top. Finish with some cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. Ooooh La La. So good.
For these mini raspberry and brie toasts, you’ll need…
This recipe is actually super easy and quick to make. Basically, all you will need is some mini toast crackers. You could also use the larger melba toast ones. You’ll also need the spreadable brie berries. You could also substitute the berries for jam! This is the perfect little sibling to a fruit crostini, and I think you’ll love it.
The Brie Layer
My advice for the brie layer…don’t hold back! Lather on a big dollop of cheese on each toast. You’ll want a big creamy bite. If you can’t find the spreadable brie, you could very easily use the block cut into smaller pieces and placed on top of the toast. I just felt like the spreadable brie was much easier and quicker to maneuver for this recipe!
The Raspberry Layer
What I did for the raspberry layer is so simple. I took a raspberry, and literally turned it inside out. It somewhat mushed it a bit, so that it could cook better with the insides exposed.
Fruit or Jam?
In this particular recipe, I used just the fruit. However, you could use any jam that you’d already have. I think that blackberry or peach marmalade would be soooo good substituted in this recipe!
Baking the Toasts
Once you have your brie and fruit layer completed, you’ll sprinkle each toast with a bit of cinnamon and a tiny dash of nutmeg. Then add brown sugar. You’ll then pop them in the oven at 375 for about 10~ minutes. Stay close and watch them. You’ll know they are ready once you see the cheese starting to melt and the brown sugar caramelizing.
For the toppings, I took the toasts off of the pan while they were still hot and plated them how I would serve them. Then I drizzled them with some honey and sprinkled some more brown sugar on top. Add a spring of rosemary for some freshness. There you have it! Flavor explosion in your mouth! The best toast and berry appetizer there is!
Mini Raspberry and Brie Toasts
- Baking Pan
- Spreader Knife
- 1 pack Mini Toast Crackers
- Spreadable Brie Cheese
- Brown Sugar
- Rosemary (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Arrange toast crackers on a baking pan. Place a heaping dollop of spreadable brie cheese on top of each cracker.
- Next, take a raspberry and turn it inside out from the hole in the top. Place the raspberry on top of the brie with the center part of the berry exposed to the top.
- Once you have your brie and fruit layer completed, you'll sprinkle each toast with a bit of cinnamon and a tiny dash of nutmeg. Then add brown sugar.
- Place them in the oven at 375 for about 10~ minutes. Stay close and watch them. You'll know they are ready once you see the cheese starting to melt and the brown sugar caramelizing.
- Remove from oven and place on your serving tray or dish. Drizzle honey on top of each toast then add a bit more brown sugar. Finish off with a sprig of rosemary. Enjoy!
Just look at that decadent bite. Literally, so good. I could almost cook these and eat them for an entire meal. Find some more of my rich recipes with fresh berries below!
More of My Berry Favorites
What did you think?
So what did you think about these mini raspberry and brie appetizer toasts? I’d love to know if you tried them. Please let me know here or in the comments below! Happy cooking!