Ok. This grownup SpaghettiOs dinner version is out of this world. I love burrata with pasta. I actually like burrata with everything. Basically, this simple meal is just some oven baked premade meatballs, a homemade tomato sauce with heavy cream, some ditalini pasta topped with some fresh, creamy burrata cheese. Seriously, so good and it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Don’t let these pictures fool you. This recipe is actually super simple to make. All I did was bought some pre-portioned Italian sausage balls in the pork meat section of your grocery store. Then you’ll make a simple and creamy pasta sauce and add your cooked noodles, meatballs and burrata to the sauce. Really, it’s so simple and quick to make. Especially for a dinner in a hurry. Serve it maybe with a side salad for the perfect meal.
Equipment You’ll Need
To do this recipe, the first thing you’ll need is a baking pan. I’ve linked some of the one’s I use below. I also really like these pre-cut parchment paper sheets. They are easy to use and make clean up so simple. You’ll also need a large skillet. Like a 15-inch one. Then you’ll need another pot to simultaneously be cooking your pasta in.
Ingredients You’ll Need
As for your ingredients, don’t make it complicated. I just bought pre-portioned meatballs in the meat section of my grocery store. You can make your own, buy frozen, whatever you want to do. Then I just picked out the ditalini pasta, and some tomato sauce. I just added a few seasonings along with a teaspoon of pesto sauce. The pesto is easy to use to add in that good Italian flavor. I feel like it better than just adding in dry Italian seasonings. Add in some heavy cream to add a little creamy sweetness.
Lastly, you’ll need burrata. I love burrata so much. If you’ve never had it, it’s basically a form of mozzarella. It’s got a hard mozzarella shell of cheese on the outside with a creamy and decadent center. Soooo good. I could make a meal off of just the burrata cheese.
How to Make Homemade SpaghettiOs
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Add your meatballs to a pan lined with parchment paper. I used pre-made, raw Italian sausage meatballs. You’ll cook according to instructions or like in my case, bake until internal temperature is 145.
In a pot, add your pasta, cover with water and cook until done. Drain and set aside.
In your large skillet, add in your butter, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Saute until your butter is melted and garlic starts cook. The garlic will start to turn darker and have a strong aroma. Add in your two cans of tomato sauce, your pesto, salt, and pepper. Stir and simmer on low for several minutes. Let it bubble, but don’t let it scorch. Remove from heat and add in your heavy cream. Stir.
Add in your pasta to the sauce and fold until completely mixed in. Then top with your meatballs and burrata. You’ll want to rip open the burrata and place it on top. Top with basil, fresh parmesan or more red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Homemade Spaghettios with Meatballs and Burrata
- Baking Pan
- Large Pot or Cast Iron (I used a 15" Deep Skillet)
- Additional Pot
- 1 lb Italian Pork Sausage Meatballs
- 16 oz Ditalini Pasta
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 15 oz Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Pesto Sauce (I use storebought)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 8 oz or 2 balls Burrata Cheese
- Basil to Garnish (Optional)
- Fresh Parmesan to Garnish (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Add your meatballs to a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake until internal temperature is 145.
- In a pot, add your pasta, cover with water and cook until done. Drain and set aside.
- In your large skillet, add in your butter, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Saute until your butter is melted and garlic starts cook. Add in your two cans of tomato sauce, your pesta, salt, and pepper. Stir and simmer on low for several minutes. Remove from heat and add in your heavy cream. Stir.
- Add in your pasta to the sauce and fold until completely mixed in. Then top with your meatballs and burrata. You'll want to rip open the burrta and place it on top. Top with basil, fresh parmesan or more red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Before you go…
Did you try this recipe? If so, what did you think? It’s so simple, and who doesn’t love burrata with pasta? Please let me know what you thought! I wanna know here or in the comments below! Happy cooking!