Easy, Creamy Chicken Tortilla Taco Soup. Dump it all into the crock pot for a quick weeknight meal.
This simple crock pot chicken tortilla soup is one for my favorite dump and go crock pot recipes. I use rotisserie chicken for so much. It’s so simple and fast. This soup is the perfect weeknight meal. Simply dump your rotisserie chicken, a few cans of ingredients, taco seasoning and broth all into the pot. Let it cook for 3 hours on high, then add in your block of cream cheese.
Keep reading to see how I made this quick crock pot soup recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Verson of Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
It’s An Easy crock Pot Dump recipe
I love meals that I can just throw into the crock pot and this one is no different. The only preparation in this recipe is chopping one onion and taking the rotisserie chicken off the bone. That’s it! No mess.
Cheap Family Meals Under $10
Who doesn’t love cheap crock pot soup recipes? I added up my total and it was less than $10 to make this giant pot of soup that will last you throughout the week!
It’s really freaking delicious
Ok. I’ve talked enough about how easy and cheap this soup is. It’s also so delicious. Its simplicity is what I like about it the most. It’s so creamy and simple, yet you can spice it up with various toppings.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Shredded Rotisserie Chicken:
I love using rotisserie chicken. It’s so easy and so cost effective to use in so many recipes. Here, I just deboned about half of the chicken and placed it into the crockpot. I used white and dark meat. I also used the skin. I love all the flavors! However, you can use whatever parts of the rotisserie chicken you would like.
I used a can of black beans, a can of fire roasted corn, and a can of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles. So easy. Just dumped them all in for tons of flavor. Do not drain! You’ll want on the juice from each can.
I chopped half of an onion and added it right into the crock pot. Don’t worry about sauteing it first, the slow cooker will cook it nicely into the soup and release all the flavors.
I used a 32 oz carton of chicken broth. You can use reduced sodium if you prefer. Either will work just fine.
Lastly, I emptied a one-ounce packet of taco seasoning into the crock pot. That’s honestly the only seasonings I added to the soup. So simple, with tons of flavor!
You’ll add in your block of cream cheese right before you’ll serve it. I wanted the juices to cook together for the full three hours.
There are so many toppings you can add to this soup. I used the tortilla strips, fresh cilantro, fresh lime, shredded cheese, green onions. The possibilities are endless. You could also add in sour cream, chips, and jalapenos!
Step by Step How to Make this Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Debone half of a rotisserie chicken and place it in a large crock pot. Slice half of an onion and place into the pot. Add in your cans of black beans, corn and Rotel tomatoes. Pour your broth over the top. Add in your packet of taco seasonings and stir. Cover and place on low heat for at least 3 hours.
After around 3 hours, uncover and add in your block of softened cream cheese. Stir it in until it dissolves. Cover until ready to serve. Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Large Crock Pot
- Spoon or Ladel
- Kitchen Knife
- 2-3 cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 15 oz Can of Fire Roasted Corn
- 15 oz Can of Black Beans
- 10 oz Can of Rotel Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 oz Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 8 oz Block of Cream Cheese
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Mini Tortilla Strips
- Shredded Blend Cheese
- Chopped Green Onion
- Lime Juice
- Debone half of a rotisserie chicken and place it in a large crock pot. Slice half of an onion and place into the pot. Add in your cans of black beans, corn and Rotel tomatoes. Pour your broth over the top. Add in your packet of taco seasonings and stir. Cover and place on low heat for at least 3 hours.
- After around 3 hours, uncover and add in your block of softened cream cheese. Stir it in until it dissolves. Cover until ready to serve. Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- Use whatever parts of the rotisserie chicken you would like. I used white and dark. I also used the skin. It will total to be around 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- Substitute the cream cheese for one cup of low fat milk or almond milk for a lower calorie option. The flavor won’t be quite as rich, but the recipe would be very diet friendly.
What Did You Think About This Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup?
What did you think? Did you try this easy crock pot soup? If so, please let me know here or in the comments below! I’d love to know what you thought. Did you change anything? Add in anything? Let me hear it. Happy Cooking!