Sauteed Yellow Squash
If you love yellow squash recipes, then you will love this sauteed yellow squash recipe. It’s the most perfect summer squash or summer side dish recipe. Cook it at a barbeque or any summertime event. It doesn’t take any time to make and is totally foolproof. Read a long to see how I made this easy squash recipe in no time!
Why Cook This Yellow Squash Recipe?
This yellow squash recipe takes maybe 20 minutes total to make. It’s so quick and easy and makes for the perfect side dish recipe.
It’s diet friendly
If you’re looking for keto yellow squash recipes or low carb yellow squash recipes, then look no further! This yellow squash keto-friendly recipe is perfect for whatever diet you’re on. You can always substitute the sugar for an alternative sweetener that is compliant on your specific diet. Same with the olive oil.
It goes with anything
This sauteed yellow squash can literally go with anything as an easy summer side dish. It’s perfect for a barbeque or just a quick side for a dinner at home. The possibilities are endless on what to serve with this recipe.
Equipment You’ll Need
You’ll need a skillet, cutting board, knife and spatula. That’s literally it. This is recipe is so nice and easy and won’t make a giant mess. I love my Lodge skillets. I honestly don’t think I have another brand. I used my 10.5-inch square skillet. It’s probably my favorite of them all. However, you can use whatever you have. Even a large pan of anything will work!
Ingredients You’ll Need
I love fresh yellow squash. You can get it in the summertime at most farmers markets. However, I got these from the grocery store. I used about 5 pieces of large yellow squash.
I used my usual seasonings that have become my go-to. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and sometimes sugar. I sometimes will a sugar substitute.
Get your skillet really hot then add in your oil. I’ll sizzle and give that good char to your squash.
How to Cook Sauteed Yellow Squash
Slice your squash into slices that are around 1/2 inch thick. Season them evenly with the salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic and onion powders.
Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Add your olive oil to the skillet once it’s hot. Add in your squash and sauté for several minutes, occasionally stirring. The pieces will start to look softer and lose their crisp, round shape. Sauté’ until all pieces appear to be nice and tender. This should take around 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
Sauteed Yellow Squash
- 1 Large Cast Iron Skillet
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- 4 Large Yellow Squash
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- Slice your squash into slices that are around 1/2 inch thick. Season them evenly with the salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic and onion powders.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Add your olive oil to the skillet. Add in your squash and sauté for several minutes, occasionally stirring. The pieces will start to look softer and lose their crisp, round shape. Sauté' until all pieces appear to be nice and tender. This should take around 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
- Feel free to substitute your olive oil and sugar for healthier options. It will come out just as good.
- I didn’t use it for this particular recipe but if you have it, chop half a yellow onion and throw that in there along with the squash. It’ll be so good and give a richer flavor.
Before you go!
Let me know if you tried this sauteed squash recipe! It is so easy and perfect for summer. Let me know what you thought here or in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!